Have you ever wondered about ways to make more with DoorDash? Despite having over two million active DoorDash delivery drivers, sometimes, it's easy to see why things can get behind. This most often occurs at peak times ' the time of day when there are thousands of orders in each location at any one time. And, with over 20 million orders placed monthly through DoorDash ' that's nearly a million a day ' it's easy to see why things can get behind. So, if you've been looking for ways to make more with DoorDash, there are countless options and opportunities ' and making the most of the DoorDash peak pay schedule could be an ideal option or opportunity. But what is peak pay on DoorDash, and when are the peak pay times and hours you need to look out for? Can you make the highest income through peak pay with DoorDash, or are there other ways to boost your DoorDash income?
These are all key questions we'll consider as part of today's article to help you understand more about what DoorDash's peak pay work promotion is and how this schedule works. And critically, we'll also consider some of the key tips you can implement to make the most of your earnings through DoorDash overall including the use of the Para App - whose multi-app features help you determine the best trips across platforms.
WHY IS PEAK PAY IMPORTANT ON DOORDASH?
Why is peak pay important on DoorDash? Peak Pay is one of the most common scheduled promotions available for DoorDash drivers. Dashers can obtain countless benefits by working during peak pay promotions, but perhaps the two most common include superior earning potential and the ability to stay on the move, rather than hanging around waiting for new orders to come in.
The DoorDash Peak Pay times are those moments when there simply are too many orders coming in for dashers to handle. DoorDash offers its dashers a financial incentive here with higher delivery earnings to ensure customers receive their meals quickly and as expected.
UNDERSTANDING THE BASIC DOORDASH PAYMENT SCHEDULE
In order to make the most of DoorDash's Peak Pay promotion, it's important to briefly outline the basic DoorDash payment schedule.
Since DoorDash drivers are paid on a piece-rate ' i.e. per delivery ' rather than a salary, the amount earned with DoorDash per hour is highly variable. This is determined by three main factors:
- Base Pay: Base pay is a flat rate paid on a DoorDash delivery. It's usually based on the value of the order and the distance traveled. However, Base Pay alone may not always be a good indicator of a valuable job. Go Banking Rates explains that base pay on most DoorDash deliveries is usually between $2 and $10.
- Tips: Tips are a massively crucial part of earning with DoorDash ' and dashers keep 100% of all tips given by the customer. It's not uncommon for tips to even be worth substantially more than the base pay alone; in fact, some dashers report tips of around $50 for a single delivery. As such, it's easy to see how tips influence your hourly rate with DoorDash ' but, unfortunately, there's no tip transparency. Most customers agree a tip of just $4 is more suitable, which may leave you making a less-than-stellar hourly rate. Fortunately, tip prediction apps may help enhance transparency for DoorDash drivers.
- Promotions: The third component of DoorDash's payment structure is promotional pay. Promotional pay is not always available, but can substantially increase your earning potential. Plus, unlike tips, DoorDash makes promotional pay available as public information. Therefore, even when dashing through the main app, you can know how much promotional pay you'll receive before taking a DoorDash delivery.
- This is the sort of payment bonus offered by the Peak Pay offer, and so we'll be keeping this in mind closely for the rest of this guide. However, other promotions are also available as incentives to complete deliveries. Common additional promotions include 'complete $X in deliveries to qualify for a bonus payment!'
How the DoorDash Peak Pay Schedule Promotion Works
Peak Pay is one of the most popular DoorDash promotions, and it's crucial for increasing your DoorDash delivery rate. As explained by DoorDash itself, the Peak Pay promotion schedule comes into effect when it's especially busy. In exchange for helping out, you'll receive extra bonus money on every delivery. The value of peak pay promotional bonuses is added to your total earnings, so it's easy to see if it's worth taking deliveries during peak times.
What Are The Most Common DoorDash Peak Pay Times?
The most common peak times vary depending on the region, and there's no guarantee a set time of day will necessarily be in peak. For example, while peak times are usually around 1 pm and 5 pm (lunch and dinner, respectively), it depends on whether there are enough drivers around to handle things.
Plus, this also depends on the number of orders placed; for example, imagine there was a big televised event at 6 pm. In this case, you might expect peak time to be a little later to cater to this market; pizzas are a particular home delivery favorite for many people celebrating events!
So, keep an eye out; if you want to take advantage of peak-time promotions, you'll need to make sure you're around during peak pay to take on orders. And deliveries during peak time can be snatched up by other drivers quickly. So, it's worth considering how specialist delivery driver tools could help you more quickly make a decision about whether or not a job is right for you.
Is DoorDash Peak Pay Worth It?
Is DoorDash peak pay worth it? This depends on who you ask. However, as standard, Peak Pay through DoorDash is only worth $1 extra, or $3 extra if you complete a minimum of 5+ deliveries with over 60% acceptance. However, this depends on the region, as some, peak payments may differ slightly.
Why Is DoorDash Showing No Orders During Peak Pay?
You may have logged on during a peak time, only to find yourself wondering: why is DoorDash showing no orders during peak pay? There are many reasons for this. The most common may simply be that peak pay is coming to a close. Or, perhaps enough other Dashers have already taken on the peak pay jobs.
This doesn't mean you need to give up on Peak Pay earnings, though! Instead, you will simply need to keep a close eye out for new orders. During peak times, orders come in ' and go ' very quickly.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR DOORDASH DELIVERIES WITH SMART STRATEGIES
If you want to boost your earnings, there are a few reasons why working during peak hours could boost your income potential. Of course, there's the obvious benefit of the peak pay promotion; if you can complete enough deliveries at an extra $3 per delivery, it's easy to earn a little bonus. However, this still doesn't offer a substantial boost to your earning potential. So, is peak pay a good opportunity?
Absolutely! While the actual Peak Pay bonus payment might seem a little lackluster, there are still great benefits associated with Peak Pay driving. A few of the most notable benefits of doing DoorDash deliveries during peak times include the following:
- Peak times usually correspond with main meal times. As such, it's much more common for a peak delivery to be a large order for an event or a special meal ' and these are far more likely to incur a tip than deliveries outside of peak times.
- There are often far more opportunities available during peak delivery times. While offers get snatched up quickly, which can be frustrating, new delivery orders come in very regularly during peak hours. As such, finding those lucrative earning opportunities may be more possible during peak times, when orders are flying in at a much faster rate!
- During peak times, you can maximize your earning potential by parking at popular restaurants. This strategy is often recommended by the highest-earning Dashers. Then, simply wait for local orders to come in. This reduces your driving time ' and cuts your fuel bill, which can be a high expense ' offering notable delivery time benefits while also making it easier to manage your deliveries. With over 310,000 menus on offer with DoorDash, there are certainly plenty of popular restaurants to choose from.
- If DoorDash is busy, the chances are that other delivery platforms may also be busy. As such, multiapping through the Para app becomes so much easier during peak times, allowing you to streamline deliveries and make more per journey.
There's a lot to love about delivering during Peak Pay times. Not only do you get a small bonus, but it's easy to find higher-value orders as well. As such, while there's the obvious $1 to $3 boost on deliveries during peak times, there may also be further bonuses such as being able to get higher tips from customers.
BEATING THE LACK OF TIP TRANSPARENCY WITH THE PARA APP
While DoorDash's peak pay promotion can offer benefits for your dashing, there are also a few critical drawbacks you should consider. Perhaps the most obvious drawback is the potential for peak pay orders to still have little in the way of tips.
Tips are one of the biggest earning sources for Dashers, and it's not uncommon for a tip to be valued at twice the base pay (even after peak pay promotional bonuses). As such, if you want to earn more by dashing, you'll need to focus on getting more tips. But how can you sort out which deliveries offer valuable tips when DoorDash doesn't directly tell you what a tip is worth?
Introducing the Para app. With delivery management and tip prediction tools such as Para, DoorDash drivers can enjoy countless perks. These include the following benefits:
- Know before you go allows you to predict how much tip you will make on a delivery. A $10 tip could transform an unjustifiable delivery worth $3 into a $13 earning option ' potentially making a good hourly rate as such.
- Predicted driving times allow you to quickly work out if a job is worth it. It's easy to rule out $2 jobs, even with an extra $1 peak bonus ' but if it's only on the next street and will take just 5 minutes to complete, you could actually be looking at an hourly rate of $36 before tips! That's a big difference.
- Items lists make it clear what sort of order you'll be delivering. This helps you to avoid orders that have lots of snack items and instead focus on orders for 'big nights in.' These are much more likely to have higher tips as well. So, if you want to earn more from each peak time delivery, this can be highly valuable.
- Combine orders with other delivery apps through the Para tool, allowing you to streamline your deliveries. After all, a $5 delivery that takes 20 minutes isn't often worthwhile before tips. But, if you can complete three $5 deliveries during that 20-minute driving window, suddenly, you're looking at an income of $45+ per hour.
The Para app receives exceptionally positive reviews, on the whole. For example, as reviewed by Susan Sowade, 'Extremely useful app! Para has saved me time, fuel money, and miles on my car while contributing to helping me make more money.'
If you've been looking to earn more money through DoorDash, the DoorDash Peak Pay promotion times could be the ideal hours to work. However, in many cases, you might find that there are also numerous excellent earning opportunities outside of these main DoorDash Peak Pay schedule times. As such, if you've been looking for valuable new earning opportunities, don't hesitate to keep an eye on the Para app for the best results. Para is an excellent personal dispatch tool that helps you make the most of your deliveries. Through Para, you can even boost your income substantially outside of DoorDash's peak pay hours through multiapping, making it a highly valuable option to consider.